Vitamin D is one of the most important vitamins for the human body, because the body needs it in the process of bone growth and to increase its thickness, Any abnormality in this vitamin levels will lead to bone problems such as rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults, In addition to this, vitamin D prevents from certain diseases such as cancer, immunity diseases, and heart problems; because vitamin D strengthens the immune system, and the circulatory system.
Getting enough vitamin D will guarantee a you a strong body, because the structure of the bones and muscles will be strong and healthy.
Vitamin D deficiency in women
Vitamin D deficiency is a global phenomenon, as it is not confined to a specific country, It is found worldwide. The most vulnerable groups to vitamin D deficiency are women, especially during pregnancy. There are several symptoms and causes of its deficiency.
- Too much sweat.
- Uncomfortable sleeping, leading to disorder in the regulation of sleep.
- Feeling very sad without clear cause and sudden crying.
- Feeling very tired physically and psychologically.
- Problems with teeth, skin, and hair.
- Easy bone fracture, in addition to the osteoarthritis.
- Muscle dysfunction and pain.
- Difficulty of normal birth in pregnant women due to deformity of pelvic bones.
- Increased chances of diseases such as diseases of the circulatory system and the immune system.
- Pregnancy and childbirth are less likely.
- Increased chances of some serious diseases such as diabetes and breast cancer.
- Problems in weight.
- Problems of joints and increased friction.
Reasons of vitamin D deficiency in women
- defect in nutrition, whether exaggerated and exposure to obesity, or decreased and exposure to the lack of vitamins and minerals important to the body.
- Dysfunction of liver and kidney.
- Intestinal inability to absorb the vitamin D from food containing it because of some defect.
- Not getting enough sunlight.
- Vitamin D deficiencyl problems are frequent after menopause, and worsens with age.
- Dark skin is more likely when vitamin D is deficient.
- Taking some medications, such as epilepsy’s.
Sources of Vitamin D
- canned fish, and various dairy products.
- Exposure to sunlight daily.
- Vitamin D supplements.