it is pretty known nowadays that b9 deficiency can cause memory loss
this is what scientists assure.
following is an article that will tell you how b9 vitamin is important.
good reading !!
what is vitamin b9 https: ( 1 )
Vitamin B9, called also : folic acid, is a complex vitamin that plays an important role in building the digestive system, nerves, hair, muscles, and other important body tissues.
There are many benefits offered by folic acid, such as :
- Folic acid helps prevent various heart diseases such as coronary artery disease.
- Folic acid protects against various types of cancer, especially: pharyngeal and stomach cancer, ovarian cancer, colon and pancreas cancer, as well as breast cancer in women.
- Reduces the risk of mental disorders such as depression, anxiety and insomnia. Eating enough daily folic acid proportionscan prevent a person from developing anemia, which can lead to severe depression.
- Folic acid strengthens memory and improves it, it fights also early forgetfulness and Alzheimer’s problems,
- Protects new borns from congenital defects and potential malformations. An adequate intake of Vitamin B9 is important to protect the embryo against neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of stroke.
Vitamin B9 or folic acid is found in many fruits and vegetables, especially :
- leafy vegetables such as spinach, green turnip, lettuce, beans and dried peas.
- breakfast cereals
we can also get folic acid from animal sources such as liver and some meat varieties.
b9 deficiency symptoms
- Anemia and memory loss.
- Limited growth of the brain and nerves.
- Mood changes and feelings of depression.
- Loss of consciousness and inability to maintain balance.
- Weight loss because of anorexia.
- Loss of sense of taste, the tongue looks red and causes pain.
- Infection of the fetus with congenital malformations when the pregnant suffers from folic acid deficiency.
- Osteoporosis and rapid fractures.
Side effects of folic acid increase
- Infection of the walls of the stomach with contractions.
- Exhaust gases from the human body.
- Spread of rash.
- Nerve damage.
- Skin irritation.
Vitamin B complex for pregnant women
A balanced diet is one of the best things a pregnant woman can do to keep her baby and herself healthy. Foods containing vitamin B may play an active role in a healthy pregnancy.
- Vitamin B1 or Thiamine : Vitamin B1 plays a “significant” role in the brain’s growth, and is available in pasta, whole grains, yeast, peas and some dairy products.
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin : Vitamin B2 is one of the water-soluble vitamins, that means it can not be stored in the body, this vitamin is important for maintaining eyes health and helps the skin to look glowing and refreshed. Available in chicken meat and fish.
- Vitamin B3 or Niacin: Vitamin B3 improves digestion, relieves nausea, reduces painful migraines. Available in whole grain breads, vegetables and tuna.
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic : Relieves uncomfortable leg cramps. Available in egg yolks and whole grains such as breakfast cereals, brown rice, broccoli, cashew nuts, peanuts, and milk.
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid : Vitamin B9 should be taken with considerable amounts in the preparatory stage of pregnancy. It is very important for fetal health, as it reduces the risk of developing congenital defects. It is also necessary for the production of red blood cells. Foods rich in folate are lemon, grapefruit, dark green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and asparagus.
- Vitamin B12 or Coballamine: Helps maintain the nervous system. It is available in milk, poultry and fish. It is essential and essential in fighting defects affecting the spine and central nervous system.
Daily need of b9
Daily Value: 400 μg / day.