We do not collect name, contact information, social security number or other similar information unless you choose to provide it. We do collect other limited information automatically from visitors who read, browse, and/or download information from our site. We do this so we can understand how the site is being used and how we can make it more helpful
Types of information we collect
Information which is automatically collected :
When you browse
Certain information about your visit can be collected when you browse websites. When you browse Verywellhealthy.com, we, and in some cases our third-party service providers, can collect the following types of information about your visit, including:
- IP address (an IP or internet protocol address is a number that is automatically assigned to a device connected to the web)
- Approximate geographic location based on the IP address of the user’s local system
- Operating system (which is software that directs a computer’s basic functions such as executing programs and managing storage) for the device that you are using and information about the browser you used when visiting the site
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visited
- Address of the website that connected you to Beyougetfit.com (such as google.com or bing.com)
- Device type (desktop computer, tablet, or type of mobile device)
- Screen resolution
- Browser language
- Geographic location
- Time spent on page
- Scroll depth – The measure of how much of a web page was viewed
- User events (e.g. clicking a button)
We use these informations to measure the number of visitors to our site and its various sections, to help make our site more useful to visitors, and to improve our public education and outreach through digital advertisin.
Information which you may provide :
- When you request information, we collect information including your email address or mobile phone number to deliver alerts or e-newsletters. We use this information to complete the subscription process and provide you with information.
- We may process your account data (“account data“). The account data may include your name and email address. The source of the account data is you or your employer. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating you. The legal basis for this processing is consent OR our legitimate interests
- We may process information that you post for publication on our website or through our services (“publication data“). The publication data may be processed for the purposes of enabling such publication and administering our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent OR our legitimate interests, namely [the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding products and/or services, (“enquiry data“). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process your information included in your personal profile on our website, (“profile data“). The profile data may include [your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent OR our legitimate interests.
- We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website. (“transaction data“). The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
Providing your personal data to others
We may disclose you browsing data to third parties for advertising purposes
When you visit a website, its server may generate a piece of text known as a “cookie” to place on your device. The cookie, which is unique to your browser, allows the server to “remember” specific information about your visit while you are connected. The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of web pages.
There are two types of cookies, single session (temporary), and multi-session (persistent). Single session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the session cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your device for longer periods. Both types of cookies create an ID that is unique to your device.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies for technical purposes such as to allow better navigation through our site. These cookies let our server know that you are continuing a visit to our site
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies to understand the differences between new and returning visitors to Beyougetfit.com. Persistent cookies remain on your device between visits to our site until they expire or are removed by the user. we do not use persistent cookies to collect personally identifiable information.
- Persistent Cookies for Digital Advertising – Similar to persistent cookies identified above, CMS uses persistent cookies for outreach through digital advertising. These cookies can also be created on third-party sites and remain on your device between visits to our site until they expire or are removed by you.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Website Analytics Tools:
These tools collect basic site usage information such as: how many visits Verywellhealthy.com receives, the pages visited by you, time spent on the site, the number of return visits to the site, the approximate location of the device used to access the site, types of devices used, etc. These informations are then used to maintain the website including: monitoring site stability, measuring site traffic, optimizing site content, and improving the consumer experience
protecting your personal information
we are committed to protecting visitors information entrusted with us at Verywellhealthy.com. If you visit Verywellhealthy.com and choose to provide us with personally identifiable information through a request for information, paper or electronic form, application, questionnaire, survey, etc., we maintain your personal informations secret.
Children and privacy on Verywellhealthy.com
We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. The Verywellhealthy.com site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under age 13. If you believe that we have received information from a child under age 13, please contact us.